Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year!







I pray that this blog finds all of you well and enjoying the beginnings of the new year!



As I am sure we can all attest to, December was a full month of going places, seeing family and friends for visits that were long over due and of course the every day regret of eating that "one more bite of a sugar cookie" at the office, or Christmas party after saying you would have no more.......but what the hay, it's Christmas! I think that is part of why New years was invented to get us back on track.



Well as you can imagine we were very excited to have our first Christmas with our little boy. Even though he had no clue as to what was going on and "why all the fuss" we still seized the moment to make new family traditions on Christmas morning and in preparation for the big day.



And for those of you who received a Christmas card from us, it said "For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given...Isaiah 9:6,......I did not realize until afterwards that we too indeed had a child born who is our son but believe me we chose it solely for the purpose of rejoicing in our Savior! There is however a Cheerful song that we have on our Sixpence None the Richer CD called the last Christmas Without You. She starts off by singing, "I feel your heart beating inside my own skin and I think of Mary in Bethlehem...." She goes on to say that this would be the last Christmas without her baby and it sounds a little confusing at first but then I thought about it as I listened and wanted to cry when I realized that every Christmas before was without our little Korban. How did we ever have so much fun before without him? Last Christmas he was barely a little lump in my tummy and now here he is, that little heart beat I felt inside of me is now a happy little baby in my arms. After having gone through labor and an unconscious delivery, I can't even begin to imagine what Mary was going through in that stable full of farm animals and hay.....and we think we have it tough, sheesh!



So needless to say our Christmas day was chocked full of family food and fun. Korban mostly enjoyed eating his gifts. My parents were out to visit as well which is always a blessing. New years was a blast as well. We had a Nintendo Wii boxing match at church with Pastor Rob up against Pastor Guy, Guy being the victor and Josh the announcer who says, "Lets get ready to rumble!" Which I have to say he does a very good impression.



Now to look forward to a New year with new accomplishments and adventures. Korban is close to calling me Mama and Sitting up on his own more. Before we know it he will be crawling!



Well to all of our family and friends....may God bless you this new year and more to come!

1 comment:

  1. im so glad that you're enjoying all of Gods blessings, especially little Korban! Aren't kids GREAT!

    ReplyDelete