Friday, February 5, 2010

The Bookie And Nugi


Something I have been meaning to blog about lately. The Bookie and the Nugi. These are two of Korban's very treasured things. Every child eventually develops a name for the pacifier and blanket AKA the Bookie and the Nugi. I can't quite remember when he actually started calling them those specific names but they stuck, and so that is what they are. Bookie derived from mom's term of Binky and nugi derived from mom's term of snugly. I think it's adorable even though some parents out there might poo poo the whole thing. There is nothing wrong with having a corking device when a child is getting restless in the store or a soft and cuddly snugly to rest his little head on when he is tired and falling asleep in the cart. That is the first part of my case. The second.....if he had chosen to suck a thumb or any of his other adorable little fingers, I can't ever take those away! I didn't want that to happen but as every other little boy, he is growing up, starting to potty train, and doing all sorts of wonderful little boy things and eventually the bookie and nugi will have to mysteriously disappear. Do you remember your favorite thing as a toddler? I had a blanket once and I don't miss it. All that's left of it now is a tiny satin corner that I used to scratch with my fingers. But to this day, now don't laugh, if I have a blanket on the bed with satin trim, I will still scratch it with my fingers the same way I did when I was a little girl. Weird I know.

3 comments:

  1. I think that's cute! I had a little lamb named Pluto. My dad gave it to me the day I was born. Unfortunately I got sick when I was like 7 and Pluto did not survive the washing machine :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. We called it a fi-fi (derived from paci-FI-er) because Christians family did. Seth never liked his much to my dismay. no thumb either. Just months of crying. Yay for Bookies and Nugis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had loved a bookie as a baby, I might not have sucked my thumb until I was 12. So I'm a big fan of 'em for our kids.

    Just saying.

    ReplyDelete