Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Del Mar Fair...because that's how I say it

We were blessed with some free tickets to the Del mar fair this year and decided to go on a Friday evening. So nice and cool instead of hot, sticky and sweaty. They have been calling it the San Diego county fair for some time now but it just doesn't sound the same to me. And it's funny how people still know what you are talking about when you say Del Mar Fair instead.
First I have to say that my husband cracks me up. We get to the fair and his immediate reaction when he sees the cost of everything is, "We are not going to spend any money here, it is way too expensive!" and so he says. So we strolled through the classic car exhibit and the animal barns first, and ended with the chickens. Josh pointed out to me the irony of having this Chicken Kabob cart, outside of the chicken barn...just cruel but so delicious.




















After that I asked on our boys behalf, "Honey, can we just check out the kids land and see how much the tickets are?" I knew Korban would want to ride on something over there and you can't go to a fair and not go on a ride! So we went and seeing Korban's face light up with excitement bought him a few tickets for a few rides, the best money we spent the whole time we were there. Though a little blury from the motion of the ride you can clearly see the smile on his face:)





And Benjamin....Poor little guy fully aware of the fun going on about him. He was confined to the prison, i mean stroller, and had to watch. But his Daddy had finished a caramel apple and thought Benjamin's sore little teething gums would enjoy a juicy treat. I know it may sound grose to some but he gave Benjamin what was left of the caramel apple. It was like letting a kid run wild in a candy store....he loved every minute of it and would not let go of it. We stayed much longer than intended but had a good time. I look forward to next year when both boys can go on rides together. It already makes me smile:)

No comments:

Post a Comment