Thursday, March 3, 2011

Chocolate Orange

My not so little Korban has me on a Hot coco kick. He loves coco with all the fixings of course. I on the other hand was feeling a little adventurous one day and thought, "What can I put in this to make it different and still really yummy?" There are several things I like with chocolate such as orange. Have you ever had one of those chocolate orange balls? Or even an orange slice dipped in chocolate? So good....well to me, I know some do not like fruit with chocolate. Here is what I made...

And here is what you need...

- Dark chocolate coco powder (or regular chocolate coco powder)

-Milk

-Orange extract

-whipped cream

-Chocolate syrup

-Grated orange rind/zest

Follow the coco directions (with milk) on the back of your coco box but leave out the vanilla.

After the coco is all mixed and hot, add two or three drops of orange extract and stir.

Pile on the whipped cream.

drizzle some chocolate syrup over the top.

Use a hand held cheese grader to sprinkle your orange zest over the top, as much as you please.

To make it really good...curl up on the sofa with your love or a good movie/book/favorite TV show and you have a really good cup of coco.

2 comments:

  1. I kid you not, I was pondering this idea over the weekend. Jack needed help peeling a tangerine so the orange scent was still on my hands as I mixed my cup of cocoa!

    The Google-d recipes all sounded terrible but this concoction of yours looks & sounds amazing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post reminded me of a recipe I saw the other day. If you want more orangey chocolate goodness, here you go!
    http://eatliverun.com/chocolate-covered-orange-peel/

    ReplyDelete