Saturday, January 29, 2011

Veggies and Pancakes...Not together;)



Before it slips my mind, two recipes I have tried lately and the family loved.

First, Kale Gratin by Rachel Ray. Go to Foodnetwork.com click shows A-Z and click 30 minute meals or just type Kale Gratin with Pancetta in the subject box on food network and it will take you there too. It is soooo good! Usually kale can be kind of bitter and I have tried preparing it several different times and only got it right once but this one is amazingly delicious for cooked greens. My son who is very picky about cooked veggies actually ate this. I'm sure the bread crumbs and cream help a lot.




Next on my list of yummy things to eat is Lemon Poppy seed pancakes. one word...delicious! I love lemon poppy seed muffins and so I figured this is just the flatter version of one. My hubby and little boy loved them. We topped them with whipped cream of course;) I found this recipe from Allrecipes.com


I wish I took pictures but I was so hungry the thought did not even cross my mind so these are from the web sites and you will have to try these for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment