Friday, February 13, 2009

Aloha Baby!

Yes yes it is true...we are in Hawaii, Kona to be exact. I did not even imagine that we would be back so soon! Josh has been looking forward to this trip for a while now so Korban could meet his Grandpa Joel and Grandma Tiana or as grandma in Hawaiian would be, Tu tu (not sure if that is how you spell it)! I was a little leery about coming at first mostly because I was not sure how Korban would be on the plane now that he is more active and would I really get to soak up the vacation part of it while still tending to a little one. But we could not be having more fun and definitely relaxing. It has only been two days but it has been nice not to have an agenda or anywhere particular to be at any time.



Korban did pretty good on the plane as well with not a single melt down...Praise the Lord! He was ever so happy to sit and play with a bag of un-opened potato chips until I think they turned into mashed potato's. When we arrived in Honolulu we were booked to catch a our connecting flight to Hawaii as soon as we landed, 30 minutes in between to be exact, but our flight landed late and so we did not make it in time for our next flight:( So after Josh had a lengthy conversation with a very "flamboyant" ticket clerk who walked with attitude....and I mean attitude...and I think he was wearing Mascara... and we stood around waiting in a little room that felt like an oven, we ended up waiting 4 and half extra hours in another terminal. Thankfully the other terminal had air conditioning and nicer ticket clerks! So we had to kill some time. Korban and Josh read the paper together while waiting.

Today we had our first day at the beach. And as any mom would I had the camera ready for every precious moment. Korban was not too sure about the water...


Or the way the sand felt between his toes...


Or what this weird stuff was stuck to his hands....

But overall he was smiling and having fun without getting too much sand in his mouth.


Well family, I will do my best to post some more while I am here. Due to the time difference Korban has been taking longer naps here which has allowed me more than enough time to check my e-mails, blog, and read, something that I usually rush through or just skip all together when I am at home. So until another day....ALOHA!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys are having a really great time! Relish in it, and a little extra for those of us not there!

    I L-O-V-E the picture with Korban's tootsies in the sand, that one needs to be framed! Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...that goobster is getting so big...and more precious every time you post something (if that's even possible). Thanks for sharing. He is such a little blessing!
    p.s. enjoy the beach for the Slye family too...we may never see it again! :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Korban's precious. In all of those pictures he' looks so sweet and content. How neat you're taking Korban back to Hawaii where you found out you were pregnant with him! Have a great time! Love You! I love the picture with Josh holding the newspaper, it look like Korban's holding it at first.

    ReplyDelete