Tuesday, June 15, 2010

7 years


Josh and I recently celebrated our 7th anniversary. We thought we would make it a grand one and decided whats more grand than the Grand Canyon? Actually neither of us had ever been there before and thought it would be a fun mini couples trip before the new baby's arrival. We took the "scenic" route which had a bit of an un-scenic stretch to it but it ended beautifully. It boggels my mind the most random places people live. I wish I had taken a picture of one of the little houses planted smack dab in the middle of nowheres-ville so you could see what I mean. What kind of people live out there?
After about 8 hours of driving we arrived in Williams Arizona where we would be staying for the next three nights. We did not know that it was literally built on route 66! Just like Radiator Springs in Korbans all time favorite movie Cars, Williams was the last little town to be bipassed by the new highway. But because they are one of the closest towns to the grand canyon, they survived and are a big tourist trap. We had so much fun in this little town. It was patriotic and full of friendly shop owners and resteraunts.
The Grand Canyon had a dizzying effect on us both but it was marvelous and interesting to look at. I had so much fun with my husband and am so glad we took this time together. I know 7 years is nothing compared to most but I'm looking forward to so many more anniversary's and adventures with him:)










2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun!

    And your belly is so insanely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!!!!! We just celebrated our 7th in April. Seems like such a big one to me. like, wow, we've been together for EVER! Love it!!!! COngratulations to you both! Love you!

    ReplyDelete