Friday, April 17, 2009

Recipe...Recipe's of the Week

I have been a little more adventurous with my cooking lately and thought it might be fun to add a recipe of the week to my blogging. I am not making any promises though as it seems to be rather difficult sometimes to get to my blog. Lady's you know what I mean! You want to so bad but their are surley other things much higher on your priority list.
The first recipe I would like to share is Teriyake Beef short ribs. I did not follow a specific recipe but I did Google some to get a general idea as to how long beef short ribs should cook.

4 beef short ribs
Teriyaki sauce
minced garlic
bell peppers (I used red and yellow)
1 whole or half white onion (depends on how much you like onions)
Salt and Pepper to taste
A dash of curry

Heat oven to 350.
While oven is heating saute bell peppers and onion with garlic and curry until tender.
Place the Beef short ribs in a baking dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper
andslather in teriyaki sauce. Add 1/4 inch of water to baking dish.
Cook for 90 minutes...it's worth the wait! If you have sourdough and pepper jack cheese,
butter the bread sprinkle with cheese and bake in the oven at 375 until toasted
and the cheese is melted and bubbly.



Recipe #2
Rootin Tootin Chili...at least that is what it should be called:)

Perportions depend on the size of your crock pot.
You will need...
I large can of chili beans
1 can of diced tomatos
1 can of tomato sauce
2 small cans of green chilis
1/2 head of garlic minced
1 can each of pinto, black, and kidney beans.
I just guessed on ounces, it just depends on what you like and how much.
1 lb of ground turkey (add some seasonings to the turkey as you are cooking it as well)

Cook the turkey until it is no longer pink and drain the fat.
Dump all of the contents icluding the turkey into the crock pot.
add a teaspoon of red pepper, chili powder and paprika...more if you like it hot!
You can also add whatever spices that tickle your taste buds. I added oregano,
marjoram, and a few other green ones I can't seem to remember, but you really can't go wrong if they are done in moderation. set the slow cooker for 6 hours.
You can serve it with corn bread and some sour cream and cheese on top.



You may also need one of these...substitute, open some windows:)


3 comments:

  1. The gas mask, you're hilarious! I can't wait to try the chili recipe! Thanks for sharing with the class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I love show and tell day. Thanks for the recipes :) such a good idea for a blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmm...my family would probably love a change from leftovers. not sure how we always end up eating leftovers, though, cause I dont remember cooking much lately....

    ReplyDelete